Soaked Almonds – most of the times this will be a part of our fitness regime. Almonds are sneaky little caretakers and always attracts many fans due to its number of benefits on health, hair and skin. Almonds are originated from Middle East and North Africa is considered as ‘super food‘ due to its rich contents of nutrients. Scientifically called as “Prunus dulcis”, Almonds are also called as Badam (Hindi), Kadubadami (Kannada), Vadumai (Tamil) and Ketapag (Malayalam).
Why Almonds are so famous?
It is the most nourishing ‘nut’ available in the current market. It has also got wide range of vital elements like soluble and insoluble fiber, protein, omega-3 fatty acid, omega-6 fatty acid, vitamin E, potassium, zinc, calcium, magnesium etc. According to the experts, soaking almonds for 8 to 9 hours eliminates the toxic materials present in its coating, decomposes its gluten content so that we can get the most out of the nuts. If you want to have the fresh almonds, then mid-summer would be the suitable time.
Health Benefits of Soaked Almonds:
It is always considered a ‘super food’ because of these benefits:
- Soaked almonds can make your food digestion smoother by facilitating the entire digestive procedure
- Soaked almonds contain the folic acid that helps trouble-free delivery of the baby and helps the newborn stay away from any birth-defect.
- Consuming 4-6 soaked almonds a day can boost the functionality of the Central Nervous System to a greater extent
- Almonds immersed in water can reduce your cholesterol levels to a great extent and thus your heart related risks are also reduced.
- Worried about high blood pressure? Well, almond nuts can prevent the high blood pressure due to its low sodium and high potassium content.
- Consuming soaked almonds can keep blood sugar levels under control and help reducing weight.
Benefits of soaked almonds for Skin and Hair:
- Soaked almonds can help you improve your skin tone and regain skin glow. If your skin is dry, make almond paste and apply to your skin as a natural moisturizer.
- Almond nuts can easily prevent skin aging. Vitamin E and other antioxidants present in these nuts can eliminate the harmful free radicals from your body.
- Soak a few almonds in water overnight, mash them the next morning and finally, prepare a hair mask by mixing a fair amount of olive oil with it. Apply it on your scalp and hair every day. It is a wonderful natural conditioner that can give you smooth and healthy hair.
- Soaked almonds also add shine and luster to your tresses. They work directly on the roots of hair.